Thursday

The Flicker of the Campfire

Netherurd 2012

“The flicker of the campfire
The wind in the pines:
The stars in the heavens,
A moon that shines,
A place where people gather,
Make friends of all kinds,
A place where all men’s troubles
Are always left behind.
So give me the light of the campfire
warm and bright
And give me some friends to sing with
I’ll be here all night
Love is for those who find it
I’ve found mine right here,
Just you and me and the campfire
And songs we love to hear.”

{Sitting in the middle of nowhere South East Scotland, an old campfire song takes me back to my days in New Jersey as I stare into the flame – this flame will always mean more to me than an Olympic one!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Articles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Birch in the Breeze